Solved

Problem to display reviews on mobile devices

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hello,

I am paying some developer hours because as far as I know the footer badge is only clickable to open the window reviews when the side tag “reviews” is displayed. We had to hide this side tag “reviews” from our web when customers visit it from mobiles because this reviews tag was affecting other web functionality buttons such as the one used to pass pictures. So now if you enter our web centraldelhogar.com from a computer you can click on the footer badge and the reviews new window open but if you click the badge from a mobile the customer can’t read reviews because the reviews window does not pop up because the side badge is hidden. Is there any code or easy way to configure the option for the reviews window to open when clicking footer badge from mobiles?

Thanks,

Francisco

icon

Best answer by BrycenLennon 13 May 2023, 14:50

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hello,

I am paying some developer hours because as far as I know the footer badge is only clickable to open the window reviews when the side tag “reviews” is displayed. We had to hide this side tag “reviews” from our web when customers visit it from mobiles because this reviews tag was affecting other web functionality buttons such as the one used to pass pictures. So now if you enter our web centraldelhogar.com from a computer you can click on the footer badge and the reviews new window open but if you click the badge from a mobile the customer can’t read reviews because the reviews window does not pop up because the side badge is hidden. Is there any code or easy way to configure the option for the reviews window to open when clicking footer badge from mobiles?

Thanks,

Francisco

Anybody can help us with this problem? Some yotpo staff can help me find a potential solution?

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

@francisco thanks for your patience on this - working on getting you an answer from our product team!

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

@francisco - just heard back from our product team:

The Reviews Tab will not show if the browser window width is 480 pixels/points or less. This may affect smaller mobile devices or resized windows in a desktop client. Info can also be found at this link: https://support.yotpo.com/en/article/reviews-tab. This is also the reason why reviews do not appear upon clicking the reviews badge. 

If you have additional technical issues, it would be best if they open a support ticket or reach out through chat but we’d encourage you to submit a feature request if you’d like product to look into this further 💡

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

@francisco - just heard back from our product team:

The Reviews Tab will not show if the browser window width is 480 pixels/points or less. This may affect smaller mobile devices or resized windows in a desktop client. Info can also be found at this link: https://support.yotpo.com/en/article/reviews-tab. This is also the reason why reviews do not appear upon clicking the reviews badge. 

If you have additional technical issues, it would be best if they open a support ticket or reach out through chat but we’d encourage you to submit a feature request if you’d like product to look into this further 💡

Thanks, but in most mobile devices the width is biggger than 480 and the Reviews Tab dispalys, this is the reason why we had to remove it. It was affecting and collapsing other web buttons and we found no reason for it to be displaying in the side of the screen taking space needed for other buttons/functions. What we didn’t expect is that removing it would affect the footer badge link to open reviews.

The info you give me is something we new but no something that actually help us to recover the badge foot functionality. Please advice how we can make it work without having the side badge displayed.

Francisco

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

@francisco understood - this is why we suggested that you submit a support ticket or feature request to get further attention from the product team. hope you take either avenue & they can help directly!

Hello,

Thanks,

filmora 12 crack download

One potential solution is to modify the code for your website's footer badge to include a separate function that will allow the reviews window to open on mobile devices even when the "reviews" side tag is hidden. This could involve writing a new JavaScript function or modifying the existing code to add an additional condition that will trigger the reviews window to open when the badge is clicked on a mobile device.

Alternatively, you could consider modifying the layout of your website to allow the "reviews" side tag to be displayed on mobile devices without interfering with other functionality. This may require some additional design work, but could be a more effective long-term solution.

Either way, I recommend reaching out to your developer to discuss the best course of action for addressing this issue and implementing the necessary changes to ensure that your customers can easily access and read reviews on your website, regardless of the device they're using.

Hello,

Thanks,

Francisco

A possible solution is to implement responsive design, ensuring that your website adapts to different screen sizes. By working with a web developer, you can make adjustments to display the reviews window correctly on mobile devices without affecting other elements. Using CSS media queries can help great specific screen sized and apply different styles or behaviors to optimize the user experience on mobile. Its recommend to consult with a professional or your development team to implement the necessary changes effectively and ensure that the reviews window pops up when the footer badge is clicked on mobile devices. ​​​​​Thanks