Thinking about migrating my store

Userlevel 4
Badge
  • New Participant

My store is currently on Wix and I need an upgrade. I’m looking at Shopify and BigCommerce. Anyone have any thoughts, or other suggestions? Thanks.

Gene43 2 years ago

I don’t know anything about Wix, but I originally had a ZENCart.  It was good enough to get us started, but proved to be very maintenance intensive.  We have been using Shopify for the last 8 years or so.  I am by no means an expert, but will be happy to answer any questions about our experience.

View original

4 replies

Badge +2

I don’t know anything about Wix, but I originally had a ZENCart.  It was good enough to get us started, but proved to be very maintenance intensive.  We have been using Shopify for the last 8 years or so.  I am by no means an expert, but will be happy to answer any questions about our experience.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

@daveb i highly recommend Shopify. Their lowest price point is reasonable and they have the most robust app marketplace. Their admin is also incredibly user friendly. You can literally get your store up and running in a day if you wanted. 

I think their customer support is really good and quick.

Badge +1

If your parent and child SKUs are in the thousands, I would recommend Magento hands down. If it is a simple catalog, I would recommend Shopify. Yotpo tends to rollout new features to Shopify first and eventually to other e-commerce platform. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

If your parent and child SKUs are in the thousands, I would recommend Magento hands down. If it is a simple catalog, I would recommend Shopify. Yotpo tends to rollout new features to Shopify first and eventually to other e-commerce platform. 

Thank you all for sharing your tips! After much consideration, I decided to try Shopify.