Question

Amazonservice calls making speed loading slow

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hello,

My hosting people confirmed that the reason why my web is running extremely is due to calls to amazonweb services. The calling line is:

12u  IPv4         3706246018      0t0        TCP lin157.loading.es:46754->ec2-3-226-207-132.compute-1.amazonaws.com:https (ESTABLISHED)

I believe this are the api calls from yotpo module to your servers. Can you please confirm? I can’t handle or affords having an extremely slow webpage due to having yotpo. I have been carrying this problem for months but it seems it is getting worst and worst. I will have to consider moving to another supplier if the problem is not solved.

Can anybody from the yotpo tech department offer me a tailored solution to solve this? We already implemented a script that was passed to us by them but the problem seems is not solved.

13 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi @francisco I would recommend upgrading to our new 3.0 Widgets for a faster experience. If you can contact support and ask them to upgrade you, feel free to send me your support case number and I can help escalate again.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hello Erika,

I have post a new support ticket with ticket number 00805265. If yotpo doesn’t give a final solution to the way yotpo mod is affecting the performance of our web, we are ready to move forward and find another reviews partner. This is the last chance I give you solve us the problem.

Thanks,

Francisco

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

It seems like the reply from support is always the standard one: we are constantly working to improve. Unfortunately it seems you are lacking the needed resources to give a real solution to it. What is the process to export all my current yotpo reviews to another platform?

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi @francisco I see that you have the new beta widget editor already installed in your account. You can follow these instructions to implement the new widget on-site--the new widgets are designed to improve performance: https://support.yotpo.com/en/article/adding-the-reviews-widget-30

In terms of exporting Yotpo reviews to another platform, there are a number of support instructions depending which platform you are looking at.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hello Erika,

Can you pass me a contact who can implement this for us?

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi @francisco as you are on a self-service plan, you may contact support to try to help you implement the widgets. However, most self-service customers are able to follow these support article instructions to implement the new widgets themselves: https://support.yotpo.com/en/article/adding-the-reviews-widget-30

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi Erika,

I replied a message from Donald from support 4 days ago ( Case #00788718 ) and he has not been in touched or replied back my message in 4 days. I just wrote him now again to tell him that I am getting a great support from you at the community page and that you are recommending me to use v3 widget to overcome the problems I am experiencing. I read over the links you passed me the only problem I am worried about is the previous recommended step to delete previous scripts or yotpo code from old widget. I am not sure how to proceed about it and I am afraid to do something wrong and screw up the functionality of the web. I assume Donald didn’t reply because I basically told him I was leaving to another review company, but if there’s a way to solve this issue I would like to stay on yotpo because I know it and I like it. However, it seems like support must be overloaded with work or something because I don’t really feel a real hands on solution to the problem I am exposing.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi @francisco let me escalate with support once again to see if we can get someone to help you with the deleting of the old code. Did you already add the code for the new widgets?

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi @francisco let me escalate with support once again to see if we can get someone to help you with the deleting of the old code. Did you already add the code for the new widgets?

No, I just followed the document regarding widgets customisation and I saved the changes but I didn’t want it to click the publish button and screw it up.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

no contact so far….

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi @francisco if you click “Publish,” it will show 2 snippets of code that you can copy over to your live theme to activate the new widget with the customizations you set on your site. It’s fine to have the new widget code on your site at the same time as your old widget code. (You will need to copy over 2 snippets of code to update the Main Reviews widget and the Star Ratings widget, both under the Beta Widgets section.)

I recommend trying to install the new widgets, and then support can hopefully help you remove the old widget code once the new widgets are successfully installed to help improve your site performance.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi @francisco if you click “Publish,” it will show 2 snippets of code that you can copy over to your live theme to activate the new widget with the customizations you set on your site. It’s fine to have the new widget code on your site at the same time as your old widget code. (You will need to copy over 2 snippets of code to update the Main Reviews widget and the Star Ratings widget, both under the Beta Widgets section.)

I recommend trying to install the new widgets, and then support can hopefully help you remove the old widget code once the new widgets are successfully installed to help improve your site performance.

I don’t want to touch anything and then wait to see their good will to help. I really need a real support service from yotpo and so far it seems like the community is the only one really worrying about the multiple problems we are experiencing from yotpo. I would like to solve this problem and keep moving but I need someone with tech knowledge to check and solve us the problem. It’s a shame to be in this situation for so long after so many years of service with yotpo. Did you at least got any kind of reply from them (support) regarding my ticket?

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi @francisco if you click “Publish,” it will show 2 snippets of code that you can copy over to your live theme to activate the new widget with the customizations you set on your site. It’s fine to have the new widget code on your site at the same time as your old widget code. (You will need to copy over 2 snippets of code to update the Main Reviews widget and the Star Ratings widget, both under the Beta Widgets section.)

I don’t want to touch anything and then wait to see their good will to help. I really need a real support service from yotpo and so far it seems like the community is the only one really worrying about the multiple problems we are experiencing from yotpo. I would like to solve this problem and keep moving but I need someone with tech knowledge to check and solve us the problem. It’s a shame to be in this situation for so long after so many years of service with yotpo. Did you at least got any kind of reply from them (support) regarding my ticket?

It’s confusing because support is telling me to remove the ajax script from current version before installing the new one, and in the other hand they are replying my tickets and basically telling me not to risk to test it because prestashop is a generic platform for yotpo. I am really dissapointed because nobody is giving us a real solution.