Question

Cookie consent on Magento 2

Userlevel 1
Badge
  • New Participant

Hi, I’m trying to make our website compliant with cookie consent laws, and I noticed that the Yotpo extensions sets a cookie (yotpo_pixel) which I can’t catch by my third-party software, so people who have opted out of cookies still get this cookie.

Does anyone have a solution to this?

22 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi, @Nikki

Thank you for reaching out to the Yotpo Community! 😊

Can you share with us the third-party software you are using? 

Savina

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Savina from Yotpo 

Of course :) It’s called Piwik Pro

It works by running third party scripts through its Tag Manager, but since yotpo is installed via extension, I don’t really have any way of catching the cookie it’s setting - that I can see 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@Nikki, thank you! 😊

I opened a support ticket for this question. Let me know if marketing@bacterfield.com is your preferred email. I will make sure that you will receive an answer over email and in this Community topic. 

Please let me know if you have any additional questions or need more information. 🙌🏻

Savina

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Savina from Yotpo Yes that mail is correct - thank you very much :)

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Savina from Yotpo 

I’ve not heard anything from your support ticket except I just got an automatic mail now to give feedback on Yotpo Support.

So I’m wondering if the ticket you made have now been closed without me getting an answer?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@Nikki, I’m so sorry for this development! 

After double-checking with our Support team, they confirmed that an email to you went out. I asked them to reach out again (to marketing@bacterfield.com as you confirmed in our previous messages) with the latest information about your case: 

Can you please verify if the pixel code was triggered on the checkout page?

To check on this, please follow the steps below:

1. Add a product to the cart and submit a test order.
  2. After the order took place, please inspect the "Thank you" page and search for the word: Conversion.

Please provide a screenshot attached for us to investigate further on this.

Savina

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Savina from Yotpo 

Sorry for keep reaching out here, but now the support has closed my case without providing an answer even though I replied to their e-mail this friday.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hey, @Nikki

Thank you for reaching out! I apologize for the delay in response and the development of the situation.

Will you be able to share with me the information you provided support, so I can forward it to them and make sure they are investigating the issue?  

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you :)

I think they got my last message after the case closed now, because they resent the first message - but I haven’t heard back on the actual case.

Here’s the info I sent: 

Hi Warly,

I don’t specifically want to disable the pixel, but I do need to be able to disable it if a customer doesn’t want cookies, since it’s not a necessary cookie.

As it stands, the Yotpo pixel is fired on all pages, so also on the checkout page.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi, @Nikki

I wanted to make sure that you received this follow-up from our support team: 

I just want to make sure that we are on the same page. What you want to accomplish is to only load cookies when the shopper gives their permission, right?

I will look forward to your response.

Kind Regards,

Donald

Yotpo Growth Support Hero

Savina 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Savina from Yotpo I did - and I also replied both that mail and the next “we’re gonna close your case if you don’t answer” automatic mail I got.

So I honestly don’t know how I’m supposed to communicate with your support team when they aren’t getting my emails apparently ^^’’ 

But my answer is: 

Hi Donald,

Yes, this is correct. I only want to load cookies when the customers give permission

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@Nikki, thank you! 😊
I submitted it to Support and will update you as soon as I have a reply from them.  

Savina

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hey, @Nikki

After messaging Support, I think that the best next step would be if you could reach Donald Unabia at dunabia@yotpo.com. The case number is 01250454. He assured me that we can assist you with the changes that need to be done to your Yotpo account. 

Keep me in the loop and let me know if I can help with anything else. 🙌🏻

Savina

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Savina from Yotpo 

I’ve still not heard back from Donald, after writing him on the mail you provided last Wednesday, but I got a new automated message saturday saying he’s waiting for my respons… So I’ve answered that again :/

But clearly my messages are not coming through, so I don’t know what else I can do now. I think your support team must have an issue with their ticket system since they don’t get mails.

Userlevel 1
Badge

@Savina from Yotpo Now my case got closed again because of no answer…. and I’ve still not heard anything back from Donald. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@Savina from Yotpo Now my case got closed again because of no answer…. and I’ve still not heard anything back from Donald. 

Hey, @Nikki

I’m so sorry to hear this! I reached out to Donald and his manager about this case and they assured me that he will be reaching out to you at marketing@bacterfield.com 
Hopefully, now everything will work out! 

Savina

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you very much :) I’m crossing my fingers then xD

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@Nikki just letting you know that the email is sent to <marketing@bacterfield.com> and for max visibility, I’m in cc. 😊

Let me know if everything is alright. 

Savina

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hey, @Nikki

Just checking if everything is alright now and if you need help with anything else, and if we can close this ticket on the Community. 😊

Wishing you all the best,

Savina 

Badge

Hi @Savina from Yotpo 

I’ve still not heard back from Donald, after writing him on the mail you provided last Wednesday, but I got a new automated message saturday saying he’s waiting for my respons… So I’ve answered that again :/

But clearly my messages are not coming through, so I don’t know what else I can do now. I think your support team must have an issue with their ticket system since they don’t get mails.

paintsbeast

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hey, @jerro456

Is there anything we can help with? 😊

All the best,

Savina

@Nikki, I’m so sorry for this development! 

After double-checking with our Support team, they confirmed that an email to you went out. I asked them to reach out again (to marketing@bacterfield.com as you confirmed in our previous messages) with the latest information about your case windshield replacement phoenix

Can you please verify if the pixel code was triggered on the checkout page?

To check on this, please follow the steps below:

1. Add a product to the cart and submit a test order.
  2. After the order took place, please inspect the "Thank you" page and search for the word: Conversion.

Please provide a screenshot attached for us to investigate further on this.

Savina