Solved

Yotpo module and broken store design

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hello yotpo users,

We just landed here trying to find an answer to the problem we are experiencing. We have use yotpo forever and we have it installed in our web with the “My yotpo” module created by Jorge Vargas. Suddenly and without making any kind of changes to the config of the module we realize that the store design is broken. The yotpo badge on foot of the web does not display correctly. The reviews don’t display properly below the product description, and broken design code displays below the foot of the web. We tried to update the my yotpo modulo to its later version in our test store but the problem still remains. We commented the problem with a couple of programmers and both agree that the problem comes from the yotpo servers and they way it delivers the info throught their API. We dont really know what to do. If you deactive the module the store design displays correctly but products dont display any reviews. If we leave it active as it is it really creates lack of confidence because you see in the page pieces of info on broken design blocks. Is anybody experiencing the same problem? Any recommendation about what door to knock to find someone help us to solve the problem would be highly appreciatted. We wrote a ticket to yotpo but unfortunately it’s quite dissapointing the service quality the deliver, they are always late in their replies and never really come with a tech solution.

icon

Best answer by francisco 27 October 2022, 21:13

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi Francisco, sorry to hear about this issue! While it’s difficult for me to root cause this issue based off of your description, it’s possible this change could be due to a widget update (these updates are meant to update brands to the latest version of the widget, but can also break existing CSS formatting). I would check out this support article to see if this sounds like it might be related and if so, I would mention it in another support ticket to Yotpo: https://support.yotpo.com/en/article/updating-your-modules-version

Hope that helps!

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Sure it helps Erika,

As I mentioned in the post, I didn’t touch anything in the module config. I think the web was displaying corrrectly yesterday. It was today when I discovered the problem but I didnt updte the module or anything. It was happened from one day to another, without modifying anything in the mod and its config. By the way...the web is:

www.centraldelhogar.com

I wanted to make sure the problem was not coming from the module, so I used my test store to update the new modulo version and tested it and the problem stills remaings, so I assume the problem comes from some change that yotpo has made to its server config or the way it delivers info to the webs linking to it. I need an urgent solution to it.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hi @francisco if you have the support ticket number, will you send it to me and I can try to escalate it for you?

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

I even requested my hosting to make a backup with the copy of the web from yesterday, to see if reverting the web to yesterdays status the problem got resolved. If this could had been the case it could be due to some changes we might had done to the web, but it was not. We did the backup restoration today with several copies from yesterday records, and in all of them the design displayed broken. RIght now the Opiniones (reviews) tag in the right side of the web has dissapeared. The yotpo badge from the foot is displayed reviews outside the badge icon, and random info is displaying below the web footer. It’s a total mess.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi @francisco if you have the support ticket number, will you send it to me and I can try to escalate it for you?

Sure, it’s 00788718. Thanks for caring.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Got it, I just pinged support with your case number and details--thank you @francisco for your patience as they look into this! 

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Got it, I just pinged support with your case number and details--thank you @francisco for your patience as they look into this! 

You’re my angel. Thanks so much, your colleagues from support found the problem and now the web is running quite good again.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

So glad to hear it--thanks for being part of our Yotpo community @francisco!

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

You’re welcome. I will be glad to come here frequently to search for best practices. All the best.