Question

Re-sent review request and replacement review is strange?

Badge
  • New Participant

Hey there! I’m just trying to figure out if this is normal and if the feature is working as it should.

We were testing the re-send review request option, so we had a customer (friend) leave a review (they had made a purchase and the request was in their email) and they left a great review, and when we re-sent the request they were just going to change the star rating from 4 to 5. 

Well they got the re-sent request, but when the review updated all of their original review was replaced and now the header just says “revised review” and the body says “now with five stars”. The person told us there wasn’t a space to write a review just to change the star rating? It seems to kind of invalidate the whole process of asking a customer to revise a review if they can’t actually write anything :(

We traded a really thoughtful four star review for a five star one that looks like it's written by an AI bot :(

Is there some potential that this person accidentally looked over the space to customize the review and this is just an auto-fill that could’ve been replaced with their text? Or is this how the feature works and any revised review will look like this?

If you have any idea whether this was human error or if you’ve used the feature with different results please let me know!

Thank you so much!

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hey, @PMJ

I reached out to our Customer Success team for more information and insights. 

You mentioned that the new review was replaced and now the header just says “revised review” and the body says “now with five stars”. This is expected to happen: 

Resending an Automatic Review Request overrides prior reviews to make sure that only the most recent reviews are crawled by Google and that only the most recent reviews are sent to the Google feed. 

You can read more about Resending an Automatic Review Request Email on the Yotpo Help Center, but from what I saw, there isn’t much information about the text field and losing the original review text. 

I will get back to you as soon as I have more information from our CS team! 😊

All the best,

Savina

Userlevel 1

If you have requested a review from a customer and they have submitted a replacement review that seems strange or unexpected, there could be several possible explanations. Here are a few things to consider:

1. The customer may have misunderstood your request for a review and submitted a comment or feedback that was not relevant to the product Try this or service you were requesting feedback on. In this case, you may want to follow up with the customer to clarify your request and ask if they would be willing to submit a revised review.

2. The customer may have had a negative experience with your product or service and is expressing their dissatisfaction in a replacement review. In this case, it's important to take the feedback seriously and address any issues that may have contributed to the negative experience.

It's possible that there was a miscommunication or misunderstanding between you and the reviewer. Reviewers may interpret your request differently, leading to a review that doesn't align with your expectations. In such cases, it's important to clarify your expectations politely and ask for specific feedback or revisions if necessary. Different perspective or experience: Each person has their own unique perspective and experience, which can result in diverse opinions and reviews. The replacement review may reflect the reviewer's personal viewpoint, which might not align with your own. It's important to respect their perspective, even if it differs from yours. Unbiased and honest feedback: It's important to consider that the replacement review may be an unbiased and honest assessment of your product, service, or work. Reviews can provide valuable insights and highlight areas for improvement. Take the opportunity to reflect on the feedback and consider how you can address any legitimate concerns or issues raised.

In the case described, where the customer revised their review and only the star rating was updated with a generic message ("now with five stars"), is this the expected behavior of the feature? Or is there a glitch or limitation in the system that prevents customers from adding personalized content when revising their review.

e.g: capcut mod