Solved

Discount off 1st month of subscription?

Badge +1

I’d like to encourage my site visitors to sign up for a subscription by offering them 50% off their first month. Is this possible either in Yotpo Subscriptions or in Shopify? I was playing around in both but couldn’t figure it out. 

icon

Best answer by Pomawhit 12 July 2022, 21:14

View original

4 replies

Badge +1

I think it’s too complicated - confusing to customers - 2 discounts at once….

Badge +2

Hi! In order to do this, you just have to:

Navigate to your Shopify order manager> choose Discounts in the left hand panel > Create new discount > Select your percentage value > make Purchase Type “Subscriptions” > set minimums and eligibility, etc. > in Recurring payments for Subscriptions, limit discount to first payment.

There is no need to create any discounts in Yotpo Subscriptions since information will be automatically synced from Shopify to Yotpo Subscriptions. 

Hope this helps!

Badge +1

I think it’s too complicated - confusing to customers - 2 discounts at once….

That’s what I would have thought too, but a peer merchant is having success. 

Badge +1

Hi! In order to do this, you just have to:

Navigate to your Shopify order manager> choose Discounts in the left hand panel > Create new discount > Select your percentage value > make Purchase Type “Subscriptions” > set minimums and eligibility, etc. > in Recurring payments for Subscriptions, limit discount to first payment.

There is no need to create any discounts in Yotpo Subscriptions since information will be automatically synced from Shopify to Yotpo Subscriptions. 

Hope this helps!

Perfect! I’ll give this a try.