Solved

Loyalty & Conversions with WooCommerce

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi,

I noticed that most integrations support loyalty and conversions, but the WooCommerce one only supports reviews and galleries.

So I wanted to ask the developers if this is on the roadmap for WooCommerce and if so, when would it be expected?

Has anyone else managed to set this up through the generic instructions with the WordPress API or Woo webhooks that could share the steps?

Thanks for any tips!

icon

Best answer by kmckeever 28 February 2023, 22:37

View original

28 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

@Roshelle at Yotpo @kmckeever @Hannah B are probably the best equipped to get you an answer here, I’ll let them :)

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi @robwent! We currently don’t have a direct integration with WooCommerce for our Loyalty & Referrals program and we don’t have an exact timeline when we will achieve this, however we'll definitely take this into account moving forward 🙂 And yes, for now you can integrate though API using our generic integration. See step-by-step instructions here

We have definitely seen a good number of merchants integrate this way. Let us know if you have any other questions!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Roshelle,

I’ve seen the generic instructions. It doesn’t look simple if we have to start writing custom endpoints or new apis and the code to convert points to coupons to get the integration working.

Passing user data for logged in users is simple yes.

That’s why I was hoping someone would know if it’s possible using the existing api endpoints.

I’ve seen that pipedream can maybe connect the 2 systems so I’m not sure if it’s worth the development costs for a custom setup or not.

We have the same issue and are also hoping that there will be a direct integration with WooCommerce soon. The API generic integration is not simple. We have checked with several parties and they all say it it needs a lot of custom work. It would be very appreciated if you can achieve making a direct integration soon. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

@robwent & @s0mbrer0 All of our WC customers integrate generically through the APIs. There are no custom APIs you have to write, just three of our endpoints you have to hit. Orders, account information, and refunds.

The API for Reviews is not the same API endpoints for loyalty unfortunately. 

I was the technical advisor for generic loyalty integrations and I had customers who were able to integrate in 2 weeks. It does require some development work, but it’s not as bad as it seems. We actually sunset our direct integration with WC/loyalty about 3 years ago due to stability issues on the WC side.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Hannah B that doesn't sound particularly encouraging.

Can you elaborate on the stability issues?

Is that just changes in the APIs?

It sounds like any custom development would encounter the same problems.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

@robwent I’m sorry! Basically, there was limited functionality that could be supported, for example, on the WC integration, there was no way to have automatic, dynamic redemption at checkout, so customers would need to have a copy and paste flow at cart, which was less appealing and has lower conversion. There was also no way to redeem points for products.

With the generic integration, our WC merchants can now enjoy all of those functionalities which contribute to higher CVRs.

Here’s an example of a WC customer who used our generic integration to implement their loyalty program: https://www.maelyscosmetics.com/club. They have been quite successful with their program :)

I have the same issue and are also hoping that there will be a direct integration with WooCommerce soon.

The API generic integration is not simple.

We have checked with several parties and they all say it needs a lot of custom work.

It would be very appreciated if you can achieve making a direct integration soon.

Is there a possibility that you share some Woocommerce shops that have integrated this successfully? Unfortunately your easy solution is not that easy according to developers. 

If we have some use cases from your customers, we can contact them to check if they can help us with integrating.

A plugin would definitely be the best solution. Hopefully this will be launched soon.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Sure!

These two brands use WC: https://onefinebaby.com.au/ & https://www.maelyscosmetics.com/ :)

Userlevel 2
Badge

I’m not sure why the mods here think it’s ok to mark best answers on behalf of thread openers.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi @robwent - my bad, we accidentally marked it - but we’ve unmarked it so you can feel free to choose one if you want :)

Hi @Hannah B 

We tried to contact Maely Cosmetics and One Fine Baby to ask some questions about the Yotpo Loyalty program integration with WC but unfortunately they both don’t respond to us. Is there a way you can get us in contact with them?

@Hannah B ?

Hi, having the same issue also.

Unfortunately, the guide is not at all suitable for beginners and requires a solid knowledge in dev. For the Silver solution (29$), companies may not have the knowledge or the means to have a dev, so it becomes very complicated to use your services.

The problem (personally) is that I don't know what to do, where to start. There is alot of endpoints with differents goals and I don’t know which one to use and what code I need to copy.

Improving the guide, perhaps with a tutorial or explanation video, would be a smart move from YOTPO Team.

Well, I wish you a good day and good luck !

@Ruthie Berber Can you please answer my question as @Hannah B is not responding anymore?

We need to know asap so we can decide to switch to another software or not. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

sorry I missed this @s0mbrer0! my colleague and loyalty product expert, @kmckeever will jump in here and address both your question and @Xaveus’s comment -- appreciate your patience here 🙏

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi @s0mbrer0 - sincerest apologies for your experience thus far integrating with WooCommerce. I’ve gone ahead and opened a Support Case on your behalf so that a Support agent can attempt to help guide you through the implementation in a more hands on way. You should have just received a notification of the case being opened and an agent should reach out shortly. 

@Xaveus - unfortunately I was not able to open a support case on your behalf as it does not appear you have an active account with us. Can you please confirm? I’d be happy to open a support case on your behalf as well so that we could find an agent to assist you as well. Do appreciate the feedback regarding the support article and have submitted a request with our team to consider developing a tutorial to better assist with generic integrations. 

@Xaveus - unfortunately I was not able to open a support case on your behalf as it does not appear you have an active account with us. Can you please confirm? I’d be happy to open a support case on your behalf as well so that we could find an agent to assist you as well. Do appreciate the feedback regarding the support article and have submitted a request with our team to consider developing a tutorial to better assist with generic integrations. 

Hi Katie, thanks for your feedback. I sent you a private message.

@kmckeever Thank you very much for your reply. I have received an email from you colleague. Unfortunately we are still getting the same ‘solution’ from you and that is that there is no solution and we need to hire a developer. And as I mentioned before we have asked several developers to build the integration but it is not that easy as it seems and it entails high costs that we have to incur. Therefore I asked earlier if you can share some other merchants that faced the same issue and have found a solution. You mentioned https://onefinebaby.com.au/ & https://www.maelyscosmetics.com/. But they don’t respond to us so that is no option. 

We are waiting a long time. We understand there is maybe no urgency for you to start developing the direct plugin because you have too little WP customers but we hope you understand that as your current customer it is very frustrating to facing this problem. When we were considering Yotpo we explicit asked about it and the answer was it is not difficult to do It's actually our fault now that we believed it right away and didn't look into it more deeply. But we would have appreciate a little more support from you even though we don't have an enterprise plan from you. In our view, the wishes of current customers are more important, no matter how big the customer is, then inventing new functions to get bigger. What could be more beautiful than seeing your 'smaller' customers grow thanks to your software? But that's our opinion. 

We also sent another email 2 weeks ago about another problem; the reviews on the category pages that are not displayed properly in our WP shop. Here we also simply got the answer: not possible, you have to find a developer. You can imagine that this is always very annoying to hear, since you pay for a software and expect good service to be provided.

Anyways, we are now searching for other softwares since we don't believe you are going to build a direct integration and we don't want to continue the frustrations.

Wishing you a wonderfull day!

HI, 

We’re now 4 months further from the last post.  Has anyone made any steps in connecting Yotpo with Woocommerce? 

We were/are seriously looking into the option of using Yotpo but I am getting mixed messages from developers regarding the implementation.  The quotations differ from 2000euro to 20.000euro but basically no-one has a clue.   I also contacted the companies mentioned above but no reply (i guess i am not the only one).   The fact that @Hannah B says that she had customers who implemented it ‘within 2 weeks’ frightens me as this sounds like normal integrations will take way longer.  is this correct? 

@Hannah B  you also mention that Yotpo sunset the integration with woocommerce about 3 years ago. 3 years in ecommerce world is a lifetime and woocommerce has updated their core immensly since then. 

Basically Yotpo is leaving a huge market behind as Woocommerce has about 25%-30% marketshare whereas shopify covers 10%.  ok, this includes a lot of small home based webshops but still it is a huge market. If it is so simple. Does Yotpo offer any integration services? 

@s0mbrer0 : did you end up choosing any other solution? 

looking forward hearing (from anyone? )

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@Hannah B  you also mention that Yotpo sunset the integration with woocommerce about 3 years ago. 3 years in ecommerce world is a lifetime and woocommerce has updated their core immensly since then. 

@kmckeever, @Roshelle at Yotpo do you have any updates regarding @Rogierp question? 

Userlevel 2
Badge +2

Hi @Rogierp - unfortunately there are no immediate plans in our loyalty roadmap for WooCommerce which means implementation will require leveraging our APIs.

As it relates to your question about Implementation Services - we have a team of Solution Engineers that help advise throughout the integration but do not do the actual development. However - we do have a large network of agency partners that we can recommend to you to partner with for development. I’ve reached out to our Partners team to find out which of our Partners would be best suited for a WooCommerce integration. Will follow-up soon. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hey, @Rogierp

I just wanted to circle back on this and check if you are interested in the opportunity to talk with one of our agency partners? 

Hi @Rogierp - unfortunately there are no immediate plans in our loyalty roadmap for WooCommerce which means implementation will require leveraging our APIs.

As it relates to your question about Implementation Services - we have a team of Solution Engineers that help advise throughout the integration but do not do the actual development. However - we do have a large network of agency partners that we can recommend to you to partner with for development. I’ve reached out to our Partners team to find out which of our Partners would be best suited for a WooCommerce integration. Will follow-up soon. 

Let me know if you need help with anything else. 😊

All the best,

Savina 

Hi @Rogierp, we are now using Judge.me for reviews (it is free and works perfectly) and Try Beans for loyalty program. Hope it helps ;-)