Question

SMSBump Abandon cart Coupon excluding products

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hello! I have some products that have MAP pricing. With the abandoned cart flow there appears to be no way to exclude certain products from the coupon code that goes out. There appears to be a way for me to apply a static code that I create in shopify and include it however, with browser extensions like honey this would get pulled in and I would have code leakage. I’d like to move all my SMS over from Klaviyo to SMSbump but this hiccup is what is preventing me. Does anyone have a workaround that would allow this to work. 

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

@Itsmejosh Thanks so much for your question!

The best way is to create the code and apply the exclusions first on Shopify. 

You can also use conditions to bifurcate the flow based on what product(s) the shopper abandoned, which will give you one text with a discount and another without a discount:

Please let us know if this helps you!

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@Itsmejosh Thanks so much for your question!

The best way is to create the code and apply the exclusions first on Shopify. 

You can also use conditions to bifurcate the flow based on what product(s) the shopper abandoned, which will give you one text with a discount and another without a discount:

Please let us know if this helps you!

The problem I still have is this wouldn’t be a dynamic coupon code and would be picked up by coupon browser extensions like honey allowing anyone to use this coupon. Plus this would limit this flow to being used only once unless the coupon was set to allow more than once then they could continue to use the coupon code anytime they wanted to get the discount. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi, @Itsmejosh

I’m working with our SMS support team to figure out a solution. I will get back to you as soon as possible!

All the best,

Savina 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi, @Itsmejosh

Thank you for your patience! Our Support team suggests: 

You’d need the coupon to generate the parent container on Shopify first then apply a restriction on the parent container which would apply to all child discount codes generated for that container.

Let me know if this works and if you need more information. 😊

All the best,
Savina

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi, @Itsmejosh

Thank you for your patience! Our Support team suggests: 

You’d need the coupon to generate the parent container on Shopify first then apply a restriction on the parent container which would apply to all child discount codes generated for that container.

Let me know if this works and if you need more information. 😊

All the best,
Savina

From my understanding that would result in a static discount code though. =(