Solved

How to manage expiring coupons for review requests

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

In the setup for adding coupons to the review request emails (Yotpo Reviews), there are three options for expiration: “coupons expire on”, “coupons expire x days after they are received”, and “none”. For either of the first two options, how do we manage the batches of coupons from our e-commerce platform?

In the e-commerce platform (we use Salesforce Commerce Cloud, but applies to any platform), we can set up batches of coupons with expiration dates. And in Yotpo, we can upload those. 

But, for example if we select “coupons expire 90 days after they are received”, how do we match that to uploaded coupons? What expiration date would we set on the batch of coupons in the e-commerce platform (which of course does not know when each coupon will be mailed out).

Or, if we select an explicit date, then we would have an issue where recipients who receive them sooner might have 90 days, but the recipient receiving them on the last day would have only 1 day to redeem. 

How are users in this community managing expiration of coupons, for Yotpo Reviews?

icon

Best answer by Savina from Yotpo 11 January 2023, 11:23

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hi, @ecvari

Thank you for reaching out to the Yotpo Community! 😊

I’m working with our Reviews support team on finding a solution. I will get back to you as soon as possible! In the meantime, let me know if you have other questions or need more information about the Reviews features. 

- Savina

Userlevel 2
Badge

In the setup for adding coupons to the review request emails (Yotpo Reviews), there are three options for expiration: “coupons expire on”, “coupons expire x days after they are received”, and “none”. For either of the first two options, how do we manage the batches of coupons from our e-commerce platform?

In the e-commerce platform (we use Salesforce Commerce Cloud, but applies to any platform), we can set up batches of coupons with expiration dates. And in Yotpo, we can upload those. 

But, for example if we select “coupons expire 90 days after they are received”, how do we match that to uploaded coupons? What expiration date would we set on the batch of coupons in the e-commerce platform (which of course does not know when each coupon will be mailed out).

Or, if we select an explicit date, then we would have an issue where recipients who receive them sooner might have 90 days, but the recipient receiving them on the last day would have only 1 day to redeem. 

How are users in this community managing expiration of coupons, for Yotpo Reviews?

@ecvari are you using the coupons to collect reviews? 

I love the idea, and if it’s possible, can you share more about your strategy? Are the coupons only for your online store? What’s the difference from simply giving them a promo code? I imagine that a -10% for next order is a standard practice, right? 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@Little Arcana Candles We are wanting to implement, and plan to test it, but this issue came up while setting it up. To some extent, the coupon should incentivize reviews, and that is how it is covered in Yotpo’s help documents. But also, it should encourage a follow-on purchase, and that is our main goal. Of course, we can do that part without Yotpo, but doing it through Yotpo has some attractiveness for us since it also encourages the reviews, and also because it reaches some of the most influential customers (those who write reviews). We sell a product which is conducive to follow-on purchases.

We don’t want to use a static coupon code, since we want to limit this offer just to past customers, and specifically those who write reviews. Whereas a static code would appear pretty soon on various coupon sites, and be generally usable. 

The expiration date is a little tricky though, because we would want, ideally, everyone to have say 90 days to redeem. And the Yotpo UI seems to support this. But I don’t yet understand how we would implement that with the upload of batches of coupons. 

I also think it’s odd that if you set a static date, the coupons get distributed right up until that date. Meaning that the last people to receive it have to redeem it that day. We would want to stop sending x days ahead of that, ideally.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

Hey, @ecvari

Regarding your questions about using coupons, please read below:  

If we select “coupons expire 90 days after they are received”, how do we match that to uploaded coupons? What expiration date would we set on the batch of coupons in the e-commerce platform (which of course, does not know when each coupon will be mailed out).

Once you upload dynamic coupons, you can also check and download the reports to know the remaining coupons and which codes were being sent to the specific and eligible customers. You can also take a look at our help center articles for guidelines and more information.

📌 Read this section - Sending a dynamic coupon usage report: https://support.yotpo.com/en/article/adding-coupons-to-your-review-requests#step-5-configure-the-expiration-date-of-coupons

📌 Read this section - Coupons and Notifications: https://support.yotpo.com/en/article/emails-dashboard

If we select an explicit date, then we would have an issue where recipients who receive them sooner might have 90 days, but the recipient receiving them on the last day would have only 1 day to redeem.

Yes, that is correct and might be the case. However, I suggest configuring your dynamic coupon code with email reminders to alert the eligible reviewers. You can just read more on the help center articles we gave above.

Let me know if this helps and if you need more information.

Kind regards,

Savina & Dyan